Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday, The First

An interesting day.

I found this morning that I have lost about fourteen pounds so far. I don't recall when I started, but I'm thinking about four or five weeks ago, so that works out to about 2.5 pounds per week. I can handle that. I don't have a goal in mind. Oh, I'd like to lose another twenty pounds, but I'm not aiming for that. I would like to stay about where I'm at, though. Or a little below.

I didn't do the bike today. I figure that doing the mowing, which was arduous enough so that I had to stop to take a breather half way through, qualified as exercise. In fact, this afternoon, I was lying in bed, reading, and the next thing I knew, it was an hour later.

I am apparently going out to Saint Louis, Missouri, on Sunday the tenth, arriving around mid day, and I'll be there two days. The conference is actually four days long, but they are apparently fully booked, so they can't squeeze me in for the remaining two days. But this will give me the chance to see some of the sessions, and to meet the people who run the company, which is, after all, the goal of the trip. I'm still at about the fifty-fifty as to whether I'd accept a job. Its certainly a job I'd like to do, and can do -- travel's the thing. Got to say, though, I was impressed by the pre-conference writeups about the presentations. They sound pretty awesome, and (though they're mostly done by people from other companies) paradoxically make me think well of these guys.

No comments lately, I see. I must be in mind-numbing mode again!

6 comments:

Rach said...

Congrats on the weight drop and your dedication to exercise! It's nice when you don't have to REALLY work at it, to see a change. Then again .. men seem to drop it much faster then women, and that's a huge prickle in my saddle so I won't go there. ;)

The new job sounds promising and positive. I hope you learn what you need to, at the conference.

Oh, and the comments. Tis leading to summer. Need I say more?

Cerulean Bill said...

I've heard that about guys enough that I guess its true, and yes, thats not hardly fair, at all.

I agree, the job sounds good. I've mentioned to the point of nausea what I don't like, so I won't mention that again. We'll see it works out. I mowed the lawn yesterday morning, and just finished it this morning -- if that was all there was to life, plus some baking, house-cleaning, and reading, would that be so bad?

I guess guys have the advantage when it comes to summer wear -- we don't seem to care if a major gut hangs out -- it adds character. Course, that only works if you're rich or powerful, so I guess I'd better keep exercising...

genderist said...

It sounds like a good opportunity to just nose-around without any strings attached... which would really appeal to me, too.

Since you're doing so great losing weight, I'll donate some extra pounds for you to lose for me, too!!

Cerulean Bill said...

You know, G, I've always wanted to work in health care...but that isn't exactly what I had in mind.

But thanks for the offer!

Angie said...

I was just in St. Louis over the weekend. The weather was beautiful. I hope your visit is equally great!

Cerulean Bill said...

Argh...timing is everything. I would have liked to meet you!