Friday, June 22, 2007

Is You Is or Is You Ain't...

..which, until recently, I didn't recognize as part of a specific tune. I knew that it was part of a tune, but not which one. Turns out, its the one with exactly those words (Is you is or is you ain't my baby?) as the title.

I heard from the people I went out to talk to about a job. They didn't offer me a full time job... but they didn't blow me off, either. Instead, they asked if I'd be interested in working for them on an ad-hoc basis, as needed, occasionally. I told them yes, absolutely. And though I'd have liked to earn a full-time salary, I like the idea of being home a lot, too. There's no guarantee that they will ask me to work on that basis-- they were just asking if I'd be interested; they're still going to keep looking for a full-time employee -- but this is a possibility, and I like it. It feels like a nice fit.

We had Not So Sloppy Joes tonight. I liked that, too.

No comments: