Sunday, June 24, 2007

Later That Same Weekend

We're making the marinara sauce now -- just mixed in the thyme, basil, and garlic with the chopped tomatoes. I'm hoping the tomatoes reduce down into a thick liquid, otherwise next time, if we do it, I'll use less chopped tomatoes and more tomato sauce. I am not a big fan of tomato chunks in a spaghetti sauce.

My wife and daughter went to the Renaissance Faire today, along with her sister and her daughter. Her sister is the one who's a moderately high level bureaucrat with FEMA, about which we've learned, as with so many other things, not to have a discussion with her. Thats really a pity, because she's a bright and experienced person -- its just that she gets so passionate about this stuff, and she doesn't know when to end a conversation. I imagine the rest of us come across as not really caring. She was about two hours late in arriving at our house, which is a little much for her -- she's normally about an hour late. I have personally learned not to point this out to my wife, though it fascinates me, each time.

While she was gone, I bought her some birthday gifties -- two shirts from Talbots, and a CD of Godspell, which she's always liked. And my daughter won some kind of hideous hand-made dragon, which she likes. So things are good.

And I found out that the reason I fell off the bike is that my shorts catch the damn seat when I get off. My wife says I should get those really tight biker shorts, and I said Ah, no. Maybe some longer ones. Shorter ones, particularly tighter ones, would cause small children to flee in terror, and dogs to break out in convulsions. Pregnant women would be advised to avert their gaze, too.

Hope the sauce works out. My wife says it smells like her mother's house in here, so thats a good start.

4 comments:

Narie said...

It really is fascinating isn't it? What causes a person to be so incredibly late. My sister is the same way and it just totally boggles me. Five or ten minutes is understandable, but hours? I can't understand and her husband is the same way. They were both late for their own wedding. I'm not making this up, it's crazy!

Cerulean Bill said...

My wife says that another sister said that she (my wife) may not leave when she said she would leave, but by god when she says she's ready, she's READY -- unlike this other sister, who has been known to say that she's ready, all she has to do is put away the dishes, get changed, and find directions to wherever shes going.

I think this is (partially) why FEMA is screwed up, but I've learned not to say that.

Rach said...

I hate the late thing too. My BIL and SIL always run a little late too .. not hours tho, and we always kid them about not really having an excuse because they don't have children yet.

Heehee .. sorry but I cannot help but giggle at your shorts dilemma. Perhaps bermuda shorts would work and be less .. umm .. revealing?

Cerulean Bill said...

It'd certainly be better than trying to get into tight bke stuff, thats for sure. Whats really weird is that when I fell, I thought 'Oh, crap, no, not falling on the left side AGAIN'