Saturday, June 16, 2007

Licensing

Well, they're probably going to take my Licence to Father away, for egregious violations of my daughters rights.

Specifically, I only let her stay at a friends house for three hours more than agreed, after she'd already been there four hours. At which house, they were having a birthday party, complete with birthday cake, ice cream, potato chips, sodas, candies, and, oh yes, pizza. Plus a pool and jacuzzi. And four of her closest friends.

Clearly, I am an Unfit Father.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Nut-uh! I highly disagree! Well unless she was under 10 .. then maybe I'd wonder how you could let her be away that long. I bet she's having a blast!

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, this morning, she doesn't seem actively hostile...and I didn't wake up last night to find her glowering at me, an ultra-sharp knife clenched in her bloodless hand.... so I guess I'm safe. (g)

STAG said...

Only foolish enough not to go over there and enjoy the party too!

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, it was a kid's thirteenth birthday party...and the other invitees were four thirteen year olds. I think I'd have cramped their style.