Monday, March 16, 2009

Going Dental, Going Mental

This Friday morning, I am going to have what I'm told are the "last" set of dental implants. I'd be more confident if I hadn't been told this before, and if they hadn't attempted to put implants exactly in the same place once before, only to find that there was no bone there. I can still recall the surprise in the dentist's voice. But this time, oh, yeah, for sure, it'll gonna work.

My guess is, a fifty percent chance of success. I'm not holding my breath. Only question is, if it fails, what then. I'm about ready to just say You know what? Screw it. Which I am betting will guarantee that they'll say Oh, you can't stop now, otherwise we have to take all that hardware back out.

Gah.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Hopefully these will *really* be the last ones!

Fingers crossed.

Cerulean Bill said...

Thank you!

I'm thinking that maybe going into it assuming failure is not the best approach -- my wife says I should plan for success. So I said 'what if I say that if it works, good, and if not, I'll get a plasma TV?'

Unfortunately, she said 'sure, that'd be ok'. !!!!!