Friday, March 20, 2009

Done

Done.

Flaplesss, which they say means less pain; I wouldn't know about that, but this is the first time that I've woken from anesthesia and it hurt. Usually, that doesn't happen for a while. I took some pain meds. They're right about the bleeding -- not much at all. We'll see in a couple of hours, when the anesthetics wear off. They apparently have a constrictive effect on blood vessels; last time, it wasn't for about an hour that we realized we had a problem when the bleeding not only would not stop, but keep soaking the gauze. Nicked an artery, doncha know. Not this time, I hope.

Two implants, which means I am up to four that we want to see if they bond. Osseointegration - sexy word, hmm? Maybe not. But if they all do, I'm up to eight, which was the original plan, lo, these many years ago.

I think I'll take a little nap....

No comments: