Thursday, March 19, 2009

Digital Delight

This will mark me as a digiprole, I know. Hell with it.

I sent an email to the people who made our lamp post, asking if it could be repaired, or, if not, how I'd be sure that the replacement post fit onto the base that's there -- the concrete, bolts-inserted, base. They asked me for a picture of the post, and this morning I took several, played with them a bit to reduce size, increase contrast, and whatnot, and emailed them back. As I did it, I thought of how much, much longer it would have taken before email, digital cameras, and the like. There is much to be not fond of, these days, but some of it is just delightful.

2 comments:

Wendster said...

and let's not forget how much we love microwaves.

Cerulean Bill said...

I stand in front of a microwave antenna every day. It accounts for my eerie glow.