Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stray Thoughts of a Tuesday

Yesterday, my daughter was a little tense, asking me to please make sure she was ready for her science test tomorrow, and to remind her to work on her English paper. Tonight, she's remarkably cool about it - I'm going to study science on my own - and casual - Yeah, okay, we can talk about English after dinner. We're going to talk about both. She just doesn't know it yet.

We're back to thinking about a lamp post from the original vendor. My wife says that she thinks the bronze one wouldn't be too bad -- and it turns out that people actually make decorative lamp-post covers, too. I'm a little irritated at not being able to get a different one, but I'd just like this over with. It's taken too much psychic energy!

I'm told that it's possible to make money -- not a living, but some money -- doing what you're good at, when it's something others are frequently not. I'm very good at talking to crowds -- presentations, speeches. No self-conciousness at all. (One on one is a different story.) But I'm damned if I can see how to make money at that.

The appeal of people like Charles Bronson ( in Death Wish) and similar characters is that they can get things done through direct physical means when normal methods fail. In real life, I'd be leery of people like that. But when I read articles like this, about a woman being cyber-harassed, where no one seems to be able to put her tormenter away -- it begins to sound attractive.

Since when do most of the Google image search results not include a clickable URL? Not to mention, that stupid 'click here to remove frame' nonsense?

No comments: