Saturday, March 21, 2009

Event-Ually

Today is a good day. I have already annoyed my daughter, and the day is young.

It started out well -- my wife was making pancakes, and asked if the daughteroid wanted any. But as I went down the hall, she added that since I didn't have the pudding she'd made, I should offer it to my daughter. Okay, I didn't realize that she meant after she has breakfast, but still. The D was propped up in bed, looking a little glum, and playing with her PC. I gave her the pudding, with a caveat that she still had to come out for breakfast. She agreed -- but when she did, she said that she had a sore throat, and had been coughing all night (which is true; I heard her), so she really didn't want anything. "So the pudding was a good idea?" I asked, and got a mild version of The Look from my wife.

It was quite chilly last night. When we had the ceiling fan installed in the bedroom, we wanted to get the optional remote control, but the vendor (Casablanca, may their tribe decrease) delayed shipping it beyond tolerance, so we said the hell with it. Well, one night we were in bed, and I remarked that it would be nice if someone turned on the fan, and my wife did -- though she didn't appreciate it when I said that gee, I guess we did get a remote control. Proving that I am trainable, I didn't say anything other than to thank her when she closed the window. I wonder: how long will it be before houses can react to the outside weather -- closing the window when it rains or gets cold, lowering the blinds when the sun gets a bit too bright? Are those Problems of the Idle Rich questions?

Today we go to get the replacement lamp for the garden lamp post. I have been trying to find someone locally who does welding, to see if we can just have the base reattached (its a relatively flat plate, nothing ornate); even though I'd have sworn there would be half a dozen in this rural area, I've yet to find one. Quite the annoyance. And I'm bringing the D out to a color guard practice, and doing some errand running. Should be a fun but not draining day.

No comments: