Monday, March 30, 2009

Booked

I like to read, I really do. But there are times...

I've been reading Tales of a Female Nomad; I've been reading The Audacity of Hope; I've been reading a New Yorker article on the Iraq war (thats one of those I'll just print this off and read it later things); I've been reading about the concept of Patient Navigators.

Last night, we went to the local college's book fair, and I picked up six books -- including one that I leafed through, said Huh - I'm surprised I haven't read this one, got home, opened it, and recognized the scene - dammit! I put the books next to the five I've been meaning to get to any day now...

So when the opportunity to read something with dinner comes up, do I take one of these eleven? I do not. I grab an old mystery and read that. It's comfort reading. It makes me feel like I'm keeping up with the stuff I intend to read real soon now.

But not right now. Because, that stack? It's a little overwhelming.

No comments: