Sunday, March 01, 2009

Blog Reading

There are a very few blogs that I read pretty much as soon as I see that they've got something; a few more that I read pretty often, and about ten thousand that I look at occasionally. Well, perhaps not quite that many, but still: a lot. So many that I've started using the 'purge old ones' function in Feed Demon because, hey, I'm not ever going to get down through all of the unread ones. So, for example, if Baker's Banter has something, I'm likely to read it pretty quickly; same with Haiku of the Id, and the others that I've posted on the side there. (Did you think those were there for you to know what I like? Ha! They're there so that I can remember to go look, every so often. But you can, too -- it's okay.)

One of the 'pretty oftens' that I read is Miscellaneous Adventures of an Aussie Mum. I like her combination of a very natural, open style, and that she lives in one of my favorite places - Melbourne, Australia. I suppose that ought to be Melbourne, Victoria, Australia -- I always think it's odd when people refer to, say, "San Francisco, USA" (where's the 'California"? ) -- but either way it's a wonderful place. Visit if you ever have the chance. Anyway - in MAAM (I never noticed that abbreviation before!), she's been writing about the horrible fires that they've been experiencing, and about the death of her elderly father, and how her family's been coping with both disasters. She's real, her family is real, and I can see us doing and thinking the things that she and her family are doing and thinking. They're believable.

Miscellaneous Adventures of an Aussie Mum. I recommend it.

No comments: