Monday, February 02, 2009

Vote For Me!

Last year, I volunteered to be a judge at one of our local polling places. It was easy, though a bit stressful at times, and it was a long day - started just before 6AM, ended around 11PM. But I was glad to have done it. I came to do it because the local township had tripled the number polling places, and they needed staff. I said sure, and that was that. I didn't give much thought to how long this would last -- I guess I thought 'forever, unless I say no more'. Well, not quite.

Got a letter from the country the other day which informed me that my term was up at the end of this year, and if I wanted to do it again, I would need to run for the office. Even though I had simply been appointed, first time, that wasn't good enough -- need to run for the position. Which means I need to get ten people to sign a petition to let me be on the ballot, and then, of course, I need to get people to actually vote for me. I told my wife that I'd be lucky to get five votes, and I'm not kidding. Who the heck ever looks to see who's running for the position of Judge of Elections?

I don't know if I'll do it, but if I do - vote for me!

No comments: