Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Tonight

Last night was so much fun, I'm trying to not do it again. Don't want to overdo, you understand.

So, at the moment, having taken the nighttime drugs (and less than I did yesterday; if tomorrow's morning number is higher than normal, I can live with that for a bit), I'm lying in bed, reading some fan fiction. (If you had a dinner for people who wrote such things, and they were arguing, and you wrote a story about that argument, would it be called fan fiction function faction fiction?) I don't tend to read fanfic too often, but every so often I do. I am amazed at how bad much of it is. I know why, too. Its because its not exactly the way I'd have written it. The author emphasizes things that I think shouldn't have been mentioned, or only lightly; has characters saying things that of course they wouldn't say. I'd do it better.

Yeah, right.

At the moment, I'm looking at Man From UNCLE fiction. There's some surprisingly good things there; one, which I would never have guessed I'd like, is a crossover story about the time that the agents from UNCLE came to Mayberry. Its actually not bad.

And thats what I'm doing, tonight. Hoping for a quiet night.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Sound like blueberry pie with tobasco sauce to me.

Cerulean Bill said...

I totally don't get that, sorry.

Tabor said...

The combination sounded a bit rich...like trying to combine both of your favorite tastes even though they don't go together. Sorry I am a bit elliptical.

Unknown said...

Oh fanfiction, how I used to spend hours reading you. I was such a CSI nerd that I got into that fanfic world, knew it all too well. Some good, some bad, all around nerdy :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

I like that sound of that, actually. I can see it as an email tagline.