Saturday, February 21, 2009

Middle Muddle

Last night, I had a strange dream. The dream is easily described. Explained is another story.

I dreamt that it was vitally important that I not use the word 'middle' in anything that I was writing. I didn't know why; I didn't know what would happen if I did, I just knew that it was vital that I not do that. So, of course, every time I'd look down at what I was writing, there it was, sitting innocuously with all of the other words. If I deleted it, the word would pop up where it hadn't been a moment before. I woke up and went back to sleep twice, and - I think - each time I had the same dream. I finally got completely up, went out to the kitchen and had a snack, then came back to bed. No more middle.

Very strange.

1 comment:

genderist said...

What was the snack??