Sunday, February 15, 2009

Distractible You

I used to read a half-dozen or so blogs done by doctors, because I like reading about the practice of medicine, and I was interested to hear about what the business sounds like from the other side. Over time, I gave up on all of them, because they so often were irritating -- one comment, that I still recall years after reading it, was a woman who remarked that a patient was lucky to have her, because she wasn't just a surgeon -- she was a level one trauma surgeon. Well, wow. So I quit.

A while ago, though, I discovered Musings of a Distractible Mind, written by a practicing general practice doc, and I've found it to be quite worth reading. He sounds like a real person -- doesn't lecture, knows what it looks like when the rich doctor rails about Medicare, wonders about the image of medicine, thinks about how it could be done better for all concerned. His blog is well worth reading.

No comments: