Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Morning!

Last night was rocky -- I miscalculated an insulin dose, and had a major low blood sugar event around 11:30. Had something to eat, and wolfed down a tube of insta-glucose, but for an hour I was a space cadet -- kept thinking things like Those pictures of the Oval Office -- how are we going to fix that? Whatever that means. I had to call my wife to walk back to the bedroom with me, because I didn't feel particularly steady, even with the cane. I could just see falling again. Not!

So, neither of us wanted to get up this morning, but we did. The daughteroid was very quiet. She's thinking about something -- last night, she was very quiet, and writing furiously in her journal. She'll tell us when and if she wants. Perhaps its my imagination, but I think we have a pretty good communication going -- not perfect, but not snarling and carping, as I've heard some teen relationships are. This weekend is her birthday -- she'll be 15, which none of us can believe -- and I'm making a recipe I found for Chocolate Molten Cakes -- essentially, a big cupcake with chocolate ganache icing and a center of either strawberry jam, marshmallow, or peanut butter. Should be interesting.

Last night, we were talking about that cheese bread that I'd made the other day. I reminded them that I said I would make some from scratch when I had the time and desire, and my wife pointed out that there was a cheese bread recipe in her family's cookbook that they'd handed out at the last reunion. I looked it over, and it didn't look too bad, so this morning I made the dough. It's rising now. I think we'll reserve half of it and bake it at another time, else my daughter will scarf it all down, leaving only the scraps for her mother. Luckily for them, I'm not too fond of cheesebread.

Lets hope Barack doesn't lose anyone today!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Sorry about your scare. For some reason I woke up at midnight and didn't get back to sleep until 4:00 AM so I am feeling a little spacy. I forced myself to do my 55 minutes of exercise and that seems to have helped...but I feel like a nap!

Cerulean Bill said...

I have gotten into the habit of taking a nap every day. I rather like it!