Friday, February 06, 2009

Anniversary and Chills

Not mine -- well, not the anniversary, anyway; that's my daughter's. This weekend, it'll be fifteen years since she was born. We're having a few of the standard thoughts in that regard, and, as she approaches the age when she can take driving lessons at school, some of the standard fears. She and I was sitting downstairs the other day watching NCIS when a character mentioned something about a line he'd given to a woman he wanted to pick up; yeah, I said casually, guys will say just about anything. She looked at me. I know, Dad, she said. Well, good. Not that I ever did, as I recall. I didn't have the skills to pull that off. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that I do now.

She had one of her 'shadowing' days today -- spent the day with her aunt down at a federal operation. From what I gather, she had a great time. A lot more fun than the poor kids who used to come to EDS to do shadowing there -- we mostly had them go to meetings and sit around; pretty boring stuff. From what she says, the people today were pretty interesting.

Seems like as soon as the sun goes down, the house gets chilly, and I end up bumping up the thermostat setting. I never understand that. If its adequate during the day, why not when it gets dark?

No comments: