Saturday, July 01, 2006

Road Trip

We're back from a road trip to the town where my wife attended college. The town has a 'folk festival' every year, and if we are free, we go -- not so much because it's a captivating presentation, but just because it can be interesting at times, and its a relatively cheap family activity. I have a low tolerance for kitsch, of which there is a surfeit there, so I spent most of this morning simply sitting in the shade and watching people go by == boy, we're fat around here == and then strolling once around the rectangle formed by the booths and whatnots, returning to my seat. After about two hours, my daughter joined me, and we returned to the van, where we sat reading while my wife continued to tour the festivities with her mother and an aunt.

I like road trips.

No comments: