Thursday, July 13, 2006

You've Got MAIL

I am continually surprised by the volume of mail that I get at work. I should note that my tolerance for and acceptance of corporate BS is fairly low. I never learned to go with the flow, and especially not to venerate it, mull it over, and discuss it at length as my coworkers seem able and delighted to do. So I'm not a good baseline.

But lately it seems to have sprouted. Looking at the current crop, I have:
- one from a customer asking me to come to a recurring meeting.
- one from a team leader asking me to look at errors on a given system
- one from a security person telling me the systems that a user has access to
- three from a coworker, one listing a report that I have nothing to do with, one responding to someone else on a problem and copying me because I told her about it, and one responding to a customer and copying me for no apparent reason.
- one from our change manager telling me I have to fill out a form to get something done
- one from an automated system telling me I have to do a yearly review of something
- one from a coworker asking questions about response to an audit -

Whew. And thats about a tenth of whats in there.

This is uncool!