Thursday, July 13, 2006

What, me worry?

Ooooooh yeah.

I was worried, a little, about the dental implants, and now I'm worried a lot about the arm. From what I've read, we're talking almost definite replacement of the head of the bone, possible replacement of the part of the shoulder that cups the head, probable loss of function, and probable loss of strength. Plus definite long term rehab.

Being home all week, I've had time to read a lot about it (did you know that fractures of the anatomical neck rarely occur? Guess where mine is) and dwell on it. This is not good.

So tonight we're driving up to my job, and I'm going to see if I can sit comfortably in my chair. If so, office tomorrow. I need the distraction.

There's just one catch. If I go in, while I'm there, I can't use the john. Oh, I can, but afterwards, umm....

I won't be able reach back to pull my pants all the way up.

Talk about reason to worry!

2 comments:

Sweeti said...

Sheesh I don't visit for a little while and you go and do something crazy and hurt yourself.
Sorry your having to put up with the pain. That and having to be reliant on some one to help after the bathroom is a real drag.
I recently had a problem with my back and couldn't reach my feet to put on pants so my remedy was a dress, Hmmmmm maybe you could claim to be Irish and wear a kilt.
Take care and feel better! :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Me in a skirt -- what an INTRIGUING idea....(g)