Wednesday, July 12, 2006

MTYWTN

Here is more than you likely wanted to know about my accident. I won't mind if you ignore it, since its primarily of interest to me.

I actually fell twice. I came into the hall, heard the timer beeping, stepped quickly -- and the next thing I knew I was on my hands and knees, dazed. I don't know this but I think I fell forward and hit my shoulder on the door into the kitchen. I was seriously out of it. I rolled onto my back for a minute. I knew my wife was out but I found myself calling for her anyway. Then I climbed to my feet, staggered into the kitchen, turned off the timer, pulled the cooking stuff from the oven. Actually I may have just turned it off and opened the oven door. Next thing I remember, I was on my hands and knees again, facing out of the kitchen and into the hall. I looked behind me and felt my toes bent under. I lifted each foot and they flipped back. I crawled down the hall, climbed slowly into bed, and hoped I wasn't going to die.

If I used illegal drugs that would be my explanation for those sensations.

6 comments:

Rach said...

Sounds like you were still in a complete daze when you fell for a second time. Did you hit your head? All that typing is probably not that great for ya, so I should be smart and keep questions to myself.
I'm sorry this happened to you.

Cerulean Bill said...

the typing is not so bad, so dont stop on my account.

might have hit my head, but no contusions. On the other hand, my mouth slammed shut, so maybe. Heres another oddity -- scratches on the back of the OTHER shoulder! Nothing on the damaged one.

this kind of thing is much more fun when it happens to someone else, i think

Vica said...

Ow, ow, ow!

But, really, I wish you a speedy recovery. Fortunately, your blogging reflexes seem completely unimpaired. Now, THAT'S good news.

Cerulean Bill said...

Why, thank you, V!

jo_jo said...

Bill, I'm a bit worried now as it sounds like you might have fallen for some kind of brain-fart reason. Did they check your head?

Cerulean Bill said...

Not sure what a 'brain-fart' reason is. Nobody checked my head.No contusions, though.