Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Morn

Its about 8 on a humid Saturday morning. Must say, I slept very well. I think I’m getting used to this harness thing at night – though there still is nothing quite as surprising as feeling industrial strength Velcro as you move. And its a bit of a bother to have the various pieces of it catch on every other piece. Wonder if it’d be practical to have Velcro that just attached to its own kind? Then if you were making something that needed four connectors, you’d use four different types, and that wouldn’t interlock. Guess that’s too much effort. After all, most Velcro users aren’t using the massive pieces this thing does. Takes a fair amount of effort to open. I did suggest to my wife that I get someone to help me on occasion with getting it on and off , but when I mentioned the specs - tall, slender, blonde, Swedish Womens Gymnastic Team - she cooled to the idea.

I am in bed at the mo, typing with one hand. That voice software will show up this week. I have high hopes for it. You can use it for a number of non-text functions too, apparently, but I have to admit that the one I like the best is macros—you say a key phrase and it types a whole paragraph. The guy demoing says that he uses it to respond to critical emails. The product types something like sorry that we can’t agree, but I am glad that we’ve had the opportunity to exchange views; thanks for writing. The key phrase (for him) in that case was ‘piss off’.

Today we are going to a family reunion, aka an opportunity for my wife to spaz out. Tomorrow my wife and daughter are going to a bridal shower, aka an opportunity for my wife and daughter to spaz out. Me, I am trying to hide.

2 comments:

Vica said...

I don't know if you'd get the height you're looking for from the gymnastic team. Perhaps the Swedish women's volleyball team? Just a thought.

Cerulean Bill said...

They're intented to be complementary physical attributes. Tall and lean because I'm frequently attracted to that body type; gymnastic for -- um -- incredibly limber physical ability.

Okay, truth to tell, my first choice would be smart, caring, sensitive, and funny -- the other stuff is very nice, but this is crucial.

Coincidentally enough, it's who I married.