Monday, July 17, 2006

Control

As I accommodate myself to this new style of living, some things annoy me, and some scare me.

I have taken two t shirts and torn out the left seam so that I can wear them as a sort of poncho/shirt. It works, but when I walk, the whole left side flaps open unless I've tucked it in. Not easy to do! We bought a couple more that were cheap and way bigger so that even cut open they'd drape better. Haven't tried them yet. The thing is, I'm pretty casual in how I dress - but this is TOO casual. It irritates me that I can't do better. (And why is a device aimed at immobilizing one arm not made to be put on one-handed????)

The hideous black and blue on my toes is mostly gone, though a couple are still swollen and shiny. That scares me, as I have a med condition which could manifest itself as toe damage (or even loss). I ignored the condition for a long time. Its been under control for about 18 months now, but I still worry -- what if I screwed myself with callous disregard?

Things like this makes me feel out of control - or like something thats been left out in the rain.

====
b4 I forget -- check out Geeky Mom. She's saying some interesting things. (Course, she usually does!)

5 comments:

Sweeti said...

Do you have type II diabetis? Is that what you ingnored for 18 months and have under control now?

Cerulean Bill said...

yes

Sweeti said...

::Sigh:: Me too.

Cerulean Bill said...

if i hadn't been given Lantus I'd still be screwed

Sweeti said...

For me it's Metfomin and self control. I get good fasting morn readings though so I must be doing something right.