Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Talkin'

OK here we go. I'm trying out the Dragon NaturallySpeaking tool. It's something I bought the other day to see if I could make it type for me and what you're seeing now is the result of about 15 minutes practicing through their tutorial. Everything that you see so far has been done using the tool. I'm sure that I'll have a lot of mistakes, and a lot of very strange punctuation's but this is a good start. The temptation is to try and use lots and lots of words that it couldn't possibly know. But of course flummoxing the system is hardly in my own best interest. So this is not bad.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Very cool! Do you have to tell it when you've come to the end of a sentence?

Cerulean Bill said...

It depends on whether you have autopunctuation turned on. Though I have to admit I'm not too sure how that works, because I have it on now and yet I had to tell it to put one at the end end of the prior sentence.

My daughter likes this idea very much. She's ready to start using it to do all of her school papers. We had to inform her that this was not going to be the case. At least not initially.

Rach said...

LOL .. smart girl! I'd be begging to use it. ;)