Sunday, July 16, 2006

Post Walk

My wife and I (wonder if I should adopt the style of some bloggers and refer to her as, say, Mrs. Stuff?) just got back from a walk. Its hot out but I was glad to go. A couple of days ago we did it and I was hyper lethargic. She thinks I was in shock from the fall, which isn't medically accurate but I know what she was going for -- a sense of having no energy. This was much better. Sleeping well last night, and then another two hours today, especially after a wonderful breakfast, does a lot for my mood.

As does coming back to find three interesting comments to my post about a scullery. The best accompaniment to having a scullery would be to have a scullery maid (or man; I' ?m not picky) but as most people south of Bill and Melinda Gates don't think in those terms, I guess I'll pass on that (though not the upstairs maid; she's key to many male fantasies.) The ideas mentioned are interesting. I''d not thought of the holding drawer to run water through -- I like that -- but I did think of, and even hear of, people with multiple dishwashers. Eventually, I think, your daily dishes would come from there, the non-routine ones being in the cabinet, and there would undoubtedly be times when you wonder - are these the clean ones? Course, for guys, the question would be 'the clean enough ones?'

I thought about the sink thing, too. I kind of like the two sink idea but I bet it depends on how often you actually wash in the kitchen sink. I would guess, for us, less than a quarter of the time. Would the separate sink be overkill? Its like the design I saw of a cold water spigot close to the stove so you don't have to carry pot of water across the kitchen. And I assume a drain right there, too?

Fun to think about.

No comments: