Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where They Write

A web site I came across, Where I Write, is a series of photographs of professional fantasy and science fiction authors, each shown in the space where they write. I was charmed by it, both because the photographs are very good, and because (for the writers that I knew) the working spaces are not at all what I would have imagined them to be. Several are elegant, or luxurious, one or two are cluttered, and a few are almost as plain and undecorated as one might imagine.

The photographer, listing the sorts of things he's done, says that he's photographed "Goths, Punks, Cutters, Politicians, Metalheads, Dominatrices, Scholars, and Alternative Fashion". I tend to think that listing the politicians after the Goths, Punks, and Cutters, and in the vicinity of Dominatrices, is entirely appropriate.

No comments: