Thursday, August 06, 2009

Gifting

My wife apologised for not getting me lavish gifties, but the truth is, I don't really care -- and, as it happens, she got me things that I would not have gotten for myself, but which I like. To me, that's an excellent criterion for gifts.

She got me --

Three notepads from Levengers which use the thick paper I like.

A stack of notecards, also from Levengers, also thick; ditto.

A set of pen/pencil holders that clip to books for ease in taking notes.


Several years ago, she gave me a packet of computer paper (actually, I guess, typing paper, but it can be used in a printer) which was so nice, I was reluctant to use it. Its a funny thing: I see it, I hold it, I smile, I put it back. I like just having it.

These, though -- they're not staying in the cabinet. Stealing a phrase from my daughter, I held them and said Mine!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

One of the first expensive gifts my husband bought me was a fishing pole. It was more for him to take me fishing, but I actually enjoyed using it for years.

Cerulean Bill said...

Never been fishing, but I hear it can be quite relaxing.