Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Wednesday

Well, I'm a little down, at the moment. Nothing major, just a few things.

My wife's foot is better, but not great. They did another xray, and it still doesn't look broken, but we're told that xrays of feet are chancy things, difficult to read. If the swelling isn't substantially down by Friday, she'll need to get an MRI. She's finding it hard to stay off her feet, particularly with the visitor. I spent part of yesterday bringing them to two local attractions, just so she could do that. The result is promising -- a blister that had formed is now down by about a quarter -- but she needs to continue that. What a wonderful way to spend a vacation.

The visitor thought it'd be fun to download a toolbar to my daughter's PC. The toolbar possibly had a virus. At the least, it was laden with junkware. I did a search for it on Google and found a lot of badly written, foul comments about it, both saying it was junk and saying it was not. I think I got rid of it by doing a System Restore back two days. I mentioned to her that I was surprised that her anti-virus didn't catch it, if it was a virus, and she replied that the antivirus had been broken and she'd meant to tell me about that.

Today's my last full day at this age. Tomorrow is the milestone birthday. I'm not thrilled. I think I'd prefer to spend it quietly, but with the visitor here, we'll likely go out to eat. I really don't enjoy that. We're still talking about getting Le Gift Grand, and I'm not too happy about that, either. I don't like spending money frivolously.

I am not happy with the health care debate. Especially the Republicans, but the Democrats, too.

Plus, the grass has to be mown. And I need to bug my daughter to do some cleaning.

Blech. On the other day, my daughter did refer to me as awesome, even if she did it to annoy her cousin. So, hey, that's something.

No comments: