Friday, August 14, 2009

GlumBum

I was precipitate in assuming that my daughter had gotten over being dissed by her activity's supervisor. She's apparently still as raw as a new sunburn. My attempt to sympathize was vigorously and almost viciously rejected. It takes a lot for me to become enraged at her, but she managed it nicely. I have to remember that I'm the adult.

Reading articles about travel experiences. I dread the next time that we go to Tucson -- not because of the destination, per se, but because the airline flight experience sounds so incredibly awful. I am actually willing to think about the cost of chartering a plane to do it -- though I am sure, as I am with other spending opportunities, that I'd back off when presented with the potential bill, from this temporal distance it almost sounds worth it. Airlines sound wretched. Wretched.

I am reading a piece of fan fiction with a surprising blend -- House, MD meets Nero Wolfe. Though not great, it's surprisingly good. Well above the standard for most fan fiction. I understand that Rex Stout, the creator of Nero Wolfe, disliked when people would adopt his character for their own novels; I'm sure he wouldn't like this one, either. Too bad. For me, I'm glad to have found it.

We still have ants in the damn kitchen. I swear that they come in waves. There is little more distressing than looking down into your cereal and seeing an ant doing the back peddle.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

When I lived overseas, the beetles would invade the cereal. I just told the kids to skim them off the top and then eat their cereal. I also assured them that the beetles were eating the same thing they were so if an occasional beetle was ingested...no big deal ;-)

Remember that you are one of the few people that your daughter can totally unload on and still know that you will love her. I am sure it was just her hormones keeping her on the wild side.

Cerulean Bill said...

I did consider referring to the ants as extra protein, but that would have taken more intellectual energy than I could summon up, this morning.

She does know that. At least, I'm pretty sure she does.