Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Light Thought

Sometimes, I'd like to do something really snappy with our house. Landscaping is what usually comes to mind, but what I'd really like to do is put up outside lighting. Oh, we've got the usual -- lamp post (nice one, too), four lights on the outside of the garage, one over the entryway -- but what I'd really like is lighting.

Lighting to illuminate the trees with a moody glow at night.

Lighting to pick out the flagstone walkway with tiny brilliant fireflies.

Lighting to change the color of the house on Hallowe'en.

Lighting to make an outdoor grotto of the yard, or an intimate nook.

Lighting!

Around here, they think that CFLs are the height of style. I imagine that the truly expensive houses, over on Lawyer Lane and Doctor Drive, have great lighting (actually, I've only seen one, but I want to believe, as they used to say in the X-Files), but for Bill's Bilevel? Nah.

Lighting!

No comments: