Friday, August 21, 2009

Or Maybe Not

I was going to send this to my cardiologist friend, then thought she won't care....so I'll post it here. I know it's not funny funny, but I like it.

From the Agraphia: Medical Tragicomedy blog

While consulting on a morbidly obese, congestive heart failure patient who goes into fluid overload at the slightest hint of salt in his diet, I was treated to this gem written by another doctor in the chart:

Patient is currently in an acute exacerbation of chronic CHF, precipitated by accidental dietary indiscretion this afternoon.

The “accidental dietary indiscretion” was 3 quarter pounders, a large order of fries, and a liter of cola.

5 comments:

genderist said...

It would be funny if it wasn't so true.

Cerulean Bill said...

I can almost - almost - accept the 'accidental' part of 'burger and fries'. But three quarter pounders? A liter of cola?

genderist said...

Exactly.

STAG said...

accidental?

Who was the enabler?

Cerulean Bill said...

Ronald McDonald, of course.