Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tiramisu

I finally made a tiramisu. I don't exactly know how it'll taste, but by god, its done. And actually, it kind of looks pretty good, even if I did have to edge in the last piece on an angle. Turns out those ladyfingers are 4.4 inches long, which doesn't work real well for two rows in an 8 inch tray....
=================
Update:
Not bad. Would have been better had it sat overnight (as the remains are doing now) so that the cheese mixture could soften the ladyfingers more (isn't it odd that softening is the goal, yet you want crisp ones to start?); also, I think that just dipping one side of the wafers didn't provide much 'coffee kick'. But for a first shot, not at all shabby, I think....

2 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

Oh, I want to learn how to make that. I love tiramisu.

Cerulean Bill said...

We've got some left over; stop by. Otherwise, here's the page I used as the source. There's also a blog called The Pioneer Woman Cooks which had an excellent description of how to make it. I think I'd have used that one had I cream in the house, but since I didn't, I used the other.