Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Boots

I told the people from whom I rented the Santa suit that I'd like to buy one, and they're getting it for me. The only thing they don't have is boots -- the costume comes with a pair of spats that have fake white fur on top (into which you tuck the pants leg) and then black naugahyde that drops down over the shoes -- presumably black! So long as the child doesn't look closely at your feet (which hasn't happened yet), all is well.

But there are people who do it very well, indeed -- this fellow, for example -- and I've thought for a while that however rarely I do it, I'd like to 'do it right' -- and that'd mean having a lightweight pair of actual black boots that I could wear with the outfit. Every so often, I look. Today, I found these, here. I thought they looked pretty good -- they're actual leather, not vinyl, and from the description, they're real boots:

Full leather deluxe boot with plush cuffs. Thick plush cuffs snap into place for easy removal and machine washing. All leather pull-on jack boot with a PVC sole will give excellent long wear and take a polish too.

Which gave me pause, for a moment. Santa wears jackboots?

5 comments:

STAG said...

Those are just Mark's Work Wear House boots with a cuff.

Jack means leather. Jack boots, jack-et, drinking jack.

Cerulean Bill said...

Jack means leather? I guess that means I didn't know jack!

Lone Chatelaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lone Chatelaine said...

Hot boots! Get 'em! Just imagine the fun you and Mrs Clause can have with those and some milk and cookies later! ;-)

(sorry, i had typos on the first comment)

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, we can't have THAT. I simply donn't tollerate typ0s. Nope, not me.