Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday: 3 DTC

Three Days Till Christmas.

Today started off with my daughter in meltdown mode (aka 'drama queen') because we'd gotten the wrong medicine refill for the guinea pig. We'll be getting more on Monday, so she's calm again. She knows that we're getting a replacement laptop, and immediately asked if she could have this one. My wife shot her down on that, but we'll likely set something up where she can be the primary user of this one , subject to certain rules -- such as, she has to use it in a public place, or we put the Cybersitter monitor on it. (She really doesn't like that product.) We'd still be able to use it, and she won't have administrator authority, but thats about it. I think she'd go for that.

Tonight I'm baking some rolls to have with dinner (Hamburger Soup; yum); tomorrow, I make the Tiramisu, and also we'll do crepes again, as well as a simple recipe for cornmeal pancakes. We have two; the second does taste better, but it takes substantially more time and effort to make, so its not worth it to us. Some time in the next week, I intend to make French Bread again.

I'm reading the next chapter in the sixth grade Social Studies book. I'm still surprised to find that its interesting stuff. Perhaps I just have a sixth-grade mind? It's certainly written with an American attitude -- Democracy is Good, Other Forms of Government are -- well, Not Good, and Probably Bad.

Not much going on in the world of commenting, I see. I haven't gotten any lately, and I've left precious few, too. Speaking of netstuff, sometimes I mull over getting a domain name that I can use to host this blog. No special reason; certainly no need, unless I moved it from Blogger, which I don't intend to do. Still, its an occasionally interesting thought.

No comments: