Sunday, December 16, 2007

Erections

The big tree is up, and decorated. The medium tree is up, and probably as decorated as it's going to get. The little tree is up, and its even got lights on it, which, seeing as its about a foot tall, is saying something. The white lamppost has red plastic ribbon wrapped around the upper half (I wanted to barber-pole stripe it, but it's cold out there, so cold and wet that the duct tape I was going to use to secure it wouldn't hang on), and there's a big, floppy red bow, too. Still to come: at least one big wreath, to go on the garage, between the doors, and I'd like to get roping, but I don't know if I will. Christmas music is playing -- yes, even the Diana Krall one of which I spoke earlier. Last night we made tiramisu; this morning, crepes (which weren't great, but its the spirit of the thing, you know?) And the fake pile of gift boxes that we made last year and stuck outside, and never got around to throwing out, is outside again. And, oh yeah, this afternoon or tomorrow, I'll be baking macaroons.

What I'm saying is: Christmas has been built at our household.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, can I come over? haha. At least send crepes through the tubes : ). I'm still down at college where it is not as Christmasy and apparently my mom is waiting until I come home to do any decorating, oh well.
The Diana Krall cd is great, enjoy.
Merry Christmas!

Cerulean Bill said...

My crepes aren't very good, Shannon. I am not a picky cook, but these need a lot of work. A lot of work.

Which I'm willing to do, off and on...starting with learning that when they say 'just a little butter in the pan', they mean it. A really hot pan seems to help, too.