Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bad Call

The day's only a third over, so there's still a decent chance, but at the moment, it looks like today is the first Bad Call of the school season.

In response to a forecast of sleet and freezing rain, school was delayed two hours, then cancelled for the day before it started. At the moment, its raining lightly; about an hour ago, it was raining heavily. There are icicles on some of the trees, but the roads are fine -- no slick spots, no icy accumulation.

My daughter hates days like this, because she loses on multiple fronts. Its too cold to go out, and she knows that staying in the house means I, my wife (who's working from home today), or both will nag -- I mean, speak firmly -- about cleaning up her room, working on projects, taking care of the guinea pigs. This is a clear contravention of her right to watch Nickelodeon or Animal Channel all day. We're mean that way.

1 comment:

Cerulean Bill said...

It's a gift, as my wife would say.