Sunday, December 02, 2007

Aquaria

This has been an interesting and expensive evening.

Interesting, because we dashed out and bought two things for the house. Both needed, both contemplated, but still - its not like us to do that. Both quite sexy, of course -- a new canister vacuum, and a new rug for the center of the kitchen! And expensive, because I paid two credit card bills that contained charges for my recent dental work. Merry Christmas, doctors!

I am a little bit bummed because while trying to resolve a problem with my daughter's email, I cleared the history on this browser, which means I can't find again that site where I found this marvelous photograph --


It may not be immediately appearent, but its a closeup of an aquarium. The picture won first prize in some sort of aquarium contest, and I really like it. Leafing through the pictures, its obvious that the best pictures were taken in a darkened area, so that the brilliance of the aquascape leaps out at you. As this does! I hope I can find it again. Someday, I'd like to have an aquarium -- big, with lots of fish, and all of the trimmings. And quiet -- none of this plumbing sounds running in the background. Just serenity...

It'd be nice!

2 comments:

STAG said...

Or you could dive/swim/snorkel at Pirate Village bay in Malta. All the good stuff, no maintenance.

And you could do your IT stuff from Malta just as easily as you do here at home.

Cerulean Bill said...

That would assume competence in diving, which I don't have (I'm doing good to stay afloat; I got marginally good at swimming for a while, then lost most of it when I hurt my shoulder, to the point that I almost freaked out the first time I stood in a placid pool again). And after getting summarily retired, I don't do IT, either (though I'd like to).

But other than that, I really, really like the image your suggest. Might I also have a Mai-Tai sitting next to the laptop?