Sunday, October 08, 2006

Up and Back

We went up to my mother in laws house yesterday, and came back today. In the grand scheme of things, thats not a lot of driving -- about two hours each way -- but I'm fairly whacked. And I didn't do most of the driving! The trip was worth it, though -- it's her eightieth birthday, so they reserved a room at a fairly decent hotel and her immediate family got together for Sunday brunch -- daughters, sons - in - law, nieces, and granddaughters. That may not sound like a working definition of 'immediate family', but for an Italian family, it'll do. Getting up at 6AM to dial into the system upgrade wasn't too bad -- I didn't stay on the line, just gave them a cell number to call me on and then checked in periodically.

I haven't been doing too much reading lately -- in fact, I've been behind in several things, from mowing the lawn to getting bills paid. I don't like it when that happens, because being on-time with things usually gives me pleasure. I made a specific point to get the bills paid tonight -- even though thats kind of a moot point, because tomorrow is a federal holiday, hence, no mail service. Doesn't matter, I still get points.

No word from the dental fraternity yet. I'm really eager to get this show on the road.

No comments: