Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hamburg and Houses

Last night, while we were waiting for our daughter to finish up with a Girl Scout event, we had dinner at a local branch of the Ruby Tuesday's chain. I generally like their food, though I find their burgers to be way too big for me (a characteristic of other places, too). At home, we've gotten into the habit of buying relatively low-fat ground beef, and cooking them on a Foreman grill. They're good. But the burgers I had last night -- Ruby's Minis, four burgers about two inches across each - - were phenomenal -- to the point that I stopped eating at one point and handed it to my wife to taste. It was fresh, tasty, and with a good, solid flavor -- and the bun was toasted just the way I like it. I was amazed. I even wrote to the chain to ask if they use a special beef! I'm guessing it was NOT low-fat beef, or perhaps it was some kind of blend -- but whatever it was, it was really, really good.

Tonight, my wife and I took the time to take a slow walk around the neighborhood. Its damp out -- been raining all day, and you can see winter in the clouds -- but we liked it. One thing we talked about was remodeling the house (I know: aren't we planning on leaving this house in five or six years?) and she came up with a great idea. Instead of adding a room over the garage, what if we added a large closet area there? Minimal disruption to the house, but a vast improvement in storage. I like that idea.

No comments: