Sunday, October 01, 2006

Massively Intellectual

I'm not. I mentioned that I picked up light reading, the other day? One of them is a collection of Star Trek stories (where the captains are all strong, the women are all good looking, and all the villains can be defeated in twenty-four television minutes), and another is Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates (but hey, it was written by Martin Caiden, who is, no kidding, a well known aviation author).

At the moment I am stumbling through the Sunday paper. The usual outrages.

I like those cupcakes I made, but they're a little too moist -- they stick to your hands when you're peeling them from the wrapper. I know, problems of the idle rich. Not sure what we're having tonight -- I think Corn Topped Beef Pie, one of my favorites. I admit, if you don't like it, it sounds gross, but its pretty good. Then again, people have said that about Vegemite.

I am Trying To Be Strong, or at least not be so obviously a wimp, about going to the oral surgeon on Tuesday. The idea of the surgery doesn't bother me (okay, the bone graft does, a little.) The idea that the cost may be higher than anticipated doesn't really bother me. Its the uncertainty. I dislike uncertainty.

In a little while, I get to go out and mow. Yowsah!

No comments: