Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bmmd

Well, I'm bummed.

A friend mentioned this evening that her father had gone to Philadelphia and taken a baking course that enabled him to satisfy his inner need to create really good bread and rolls -- a need that I have, too. (And based on what I see in the book store, a lot of people have.) Not to do it professionally, not to create 'artisan' bread (oh, I'd like to, its just not a goal), but just to reliably create good bread -- bread with good 'crust and crumb' . Bread and rolls that taste good.

She can't remember what the school was. Or if it actually was in Philadelphia.

Bummer.

4 comments:

Sweeti said...

Maybe he'll bring back good experience and good recipies too.

Cerulean Bill said...

No, apparently this was something he did a couple of years ago.

Rach said...

Can you do a search and see if there's any schools like that in Philadelphia. Perhaps they'll have recipes on their site, if they have one. Or maybe not, cuz then why attend the school.

I'm in a cold/flu daze. Sorry.

Cerulean Bill said...

Thats a good idea -- I'll do that.

Sorry about your cold.