Friday, October 20, 2006

Dissendat

I really ought to be working now, but I'm not, because I'm still enjoying the reflected glow of having my system upgrade work, last night. Looked shaky there for a while, due to a problem with a subsystem, but we got around it. Finally got out of there around 12:30 this morning, and all the way home, I smiled.

Winter's making practice runs out there. Its rainy/foggy out, the leaves are dropping en masse (doing wonderful things for traction, and making the radio accident reports fairly lengthy), and the temperature is undulating wildly -- warm enough for shorts yesterday, long-jeans weather today. Not that that stopped me -- I wore shorts when I went out to get my hair cut. I like wearing shorts. I liked it even before I proved I'm not safe in baggy pajamas.

FinnBounce. Doesn't that sound like fun? And if you're a photographer, it's a nifty trick.

The politicians are still milling around. Now the Senate race is even tighter, with a projected split right down the middle. I'm sure that the Vice President will exercise his normal caution and prudence, should he be called upon to exercise his mighty tie-breaking vote.

Next week, three dentists are meeting to discuss my mouth.

Want to do some baking. Made cookies the other night, which disappeared quickly. Not quite up to making bread. Rolls again? Maybe.

1 comment:

STAG said...

Yeah, the weather up here in Ottawa is "variable" I was swimming in the St. Lawrence day before yesterday, and yesterday it snowed!

Grrrr.

Hope there will be some Indian Summer yet...the motorcycle has to run at least once more before I put it away for the winter!