Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wedding Notes

One thing that the family next door did which was kind of cool was that instead of a wedding cake, they had wedding cupcakes. These weren't especially lavish but there were a lot of them. I think thats a very nice way to handle an informal ceremony.
==============
In case you wondered: That lead in to a Bond novel has been rattling around in my brain for a while. I don't know why. So I thought that perhaps if I wrote it down , I could think about something else. The goal was to write something believable. Blofeld, particularly, had to be believable. Not so much evil as amoral. Bond had to have spirit but brains as well. I thought the idea of someone with a weapon behind him, whom he did not suspect prior to the exchange, and set to kill him without warning, would dampen his enthusiasm -- his 'I've always gotten out of tight scrapes before, I'll get out of this one' attitude. I wanted him to plausibly think 'this time, I might not', and see what that did.

Don't know if I'll do any more. It was fun, though.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

And actually it was very cool. I thought it was an excerpt from one of the Bond books.