Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Notes

While my mouth hasn't been working all that well, I've been on a liquid diet. When comedians used to say that, it was understood that this was a sly way of saying that they drank alcoholic beverages a lot. In my case, it means that I'm drinking the Slim Fast shakes. I asked my wife to pick up some kind of liquid food drink, and that was what she got. I wouldn't say that it's particularly great tasting -- its not bad, but not something I'd look forward to -- but to my surprise, it seems to have had a side effect. In the last week, I've lost about two pounds. It could be that what I'm seeing is more the effect of not being able to snack -- theres an almost full bag of pretzels in the pantry, for one thing, and at least three different boxes of ers -- but either way, its a pleasant surprise. And it helps the liquid taste just a bit better.

This is another quasi-chaotic morning. Our neighbor had to go in to a hospital very early this morning, so my wife agreed to go next door at 6:30 to wake up her kids (who are old enough so that, once up, they can handle their morning routine themselves). I woke up as she was leaving, and glanced at my watch: two thirty? Oh, great: the watch battery died. And I have a couple of changes scheduled to do this morning, plus some things to do which I really should have done yesterday. For some reason, I was distracted.

Friday begins!

2 comments:

Rach said...

Almost sounds like you're having a day that typically is meant for a Monday. Hope it got better after the dead battery incident.

Cerulean Bill said...

Actually it worked out well. My wife picked up my watch to go get a new battery, dropped it, and when she did so, it was running again -- and still is, hours later. The wake up for the kids was without incident (I asked if that meant the kids would be over here this weekend, while my wife is away, to make me breakfast and such). And the day, though busy, was fairly uneventful.