Friday, June 09, 2006

Summer School

My daughter has gotten used to the idea that we're going to ask her to work on summer education each year. It was always an idea of ours, and got formalized when she did badly in one subject -- a function of her own slacking off and the teacher's incompetence. But now its just considered normal.

So now we're looking for what would be reasonable (by my standards; by hers, it'd be a review of third grade math). I'm thinking 'A Childs Guide to Genome Splicing' and 'A Kid's View of Nanotechnology'. Sound about right?

2 comments:

Rach said...

And after a few summers of extra schooling, you may just have a genius on your hands if you plan on those topics. lol

Cerulean Bill said...

As long as you remember that I'll be the one taking the schooling, first....it took me a loooong time to get just a concept of what genome was all about...and I'm not much better with nano. Sounds good, though.