Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rainy Sunday Notes

It's raining again. There was a brief period of thunder, verging on the cataclysmic thunder of the other night, and then the rains came. I have the AC off, the ceiling fan on, and the window open. I love listening to the rain.

Our neighbor came by a few minutes ago to give us a small gift from the wedding we attended yesterday - one of the floral centerpieces. We had given the newlyweds a small cash gift, and found today to our surprise that as things go, it was considered large -- her mother said that they were 'astounded' by it. One of the benefits of living in a low cost-of-living area, I guess.

The adults at the wedding got an unexpected, unusual, and quite thoughtful gift - a CD of the music that they'd compiled for the reception. It's an eclectic mix, and I am oddly comforted by the fact that several of the pieces are ones that I both recognize and like.

============
Still haven't made that pizza recipe, but I still want to. I have high hopes for it. No special reason, I just do.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

My daughter gave out CD's of their favorite songs at the wedding. Unfortunately, I didn't like many of the songs, but fortunately, our CD quit working fairly soon!