Monday, June 05, 2006

Marriage Protection Amendment

I fail to understand how the institution of marriage can in any way be considered something that the government needs to regulate. Perhaps the Prez is looking to pander to core constituents by emulating the religious practices of theocracies. Or looking for an easy win after so many missteps and bumblings. I know that his core believers like him more for the kind of person he is than for what he has done, or not done, but I'd think this would give even them pause.

5 comments:

Rach said...

I caught a little snippet of this on the news coming from a Washington State chanel, but didn't pause long enough to hear whether the president is gung ho FOR or AGAINST making gay marriages legal.

Here it's already legal, and many Americans have come to Canada to get 'married' .. although I'm not sure how they're able to do that, but whatever.

Cerulean Bill said...

He's against it.

Cerulean Bill said...

Rach - I just realized that for months I've had the wrong image of where you are. For some reason, I thought you lived in Newfoundland, not Vancouver. Now some of the things you've said make more sense. And now I *really* envy where you live (g).

Rach said...

ahh .. so I guess they'll continue coming here to get married then. lol


So that explains the mixup of thinking I could just swing past your place on my trip down to my sisters. lol
Yep .. I'm on Vancouver Island. It IS a beautiful place. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

It wouldn't be but about five thousand miles out of your way.....