Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pending Chaos

The next couple of days will be a little chaotic, and a little stressful, I think. (I initially wrote that as 'stressfun'. Would that it were!)

Today I go out to pick up the election materials -- forms, flags, signs, and mailed-in votes. In itself, no big deal, but it serves as a reminder that The Day is coming. Right about now, every election, is when I think well, you know, this is fun, but its not THAT much fun, maybe after this term of office, you should quit. Not sure if I'd feel differently if it wasn't such a damn long day, Election Day.

On Monday, the woman who's going to work with me on exercise starts. I have no idea what to expect, but I don't think I'm going to like it.

Tuesday, up at 515, to the polling place by 545, post the signs, unlock the place, all of that fun all day, then lock up at 8, tally the votes, fill out the many, many forms, drive out to the elections office, get back home and to bed around 10:30.

Wednesday, up early to get a fasting blood test, and then over to the hospital to meet with a user around 2.

Thursday, meet with my mento.

I don't think there's anything on Friday!

2 comments:

STAG said...

When I did it, the Elections Captain had to make sure the number of votes matched the checked off voters from the list. There were six voting stations, and two of them had discrepancies. Mine was fine. Of course. However, I was the Captain's ride to the election office. We didn't get home until 3:30 AM, six and half hours after the polls closed!!!

Cerulean Bill said...

We keep a manual tally of the number of voters, and the number of votes; it gets verified by me about once an hour. Our list isn't specific to the station used, though. 3:30. Good lord.