Sunday, May 23, 2010

Booked

It's not often that I hear about a book and immediately order it. Certainly, not in hardback.

I've learned the hard way that even if I'm fascinated with a book, I'm not likely to immediately get to it -- and by the time I do, it'll be out in paperback, and I've just paid fifteen dollars extra for the privilege of having it gather dust on my bookshelf. So I write them in a little database, and eventually I get around to it -- or at least, seeing if it's available in the library. Amazing how often that the book turns out to be not so great, once I get my mitts on it.

I'm thinking that This Time Is Different is different. Global finance? Long range view? Caution coupled with insight? What's not to like?

It arrives on Wednesday.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Look forward to hearing your commentary soon.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'll be doing good to understand the section headings, I think. But I'm looking forward to trying.