Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interviewed

We've Had The Interview, and we think we passed. He has to call our references, and then tell his boss, who makes the final decision (but since they're short of local folks, and we're apparently normal, I think we're cool), at which point we can contact the family directly.

He told us the things that the girl isn't allowed to do -- she can't use a firearm! -- and the things she does have to do, such as clean her own room -- at which point, we looked pointedly at our daughter. And he said that we didn't have to keep her entertained every day, which is good. We mentioned taking her to see a major league ball game, the Baltimore Aquarium, DC, the Liberty Bell, things like that, and he seemed to feel that would be pretty awesome. And if we go up to Connecticut, perhaps we can cruise through New York, see the Statue of Liberty. Maybe.

My wife admitted to thinking of the guest bedroom (formerly 'my mother's room') as 'Eloïse's room', and said she knew that was premature. I didn't admit that I kind of liked the idea.

Oh, and my daughter got a stripe on her orange belt, which means she is one step closer to her blue belt. This is goodness.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Instead of a firearm, ask Stag what he might have on hand... :-) (Hi, Stag!)

They didn't ban broadswords, did they?

Cerulean Bill said...

Fortunately, our good friends at Immigrations (those who aren't on combat deployment to Arizona) will be on alert to prevent rogue Canadianans from streaming down here, armed with weapons of classy destruction. Though, what can you expect from a county whose motto is "A Bit Of The Old Ultraviolence"?

Unknown said...

I'm getting excited for you guys!
If you visit places near me (like DC or if I happen to be in NJ if you visit NYC) we should meet up! I like to scare foreigners ;-)

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm not sure that's exactly that the group wants in a memorable vacation. But when we plan road trips to DC or northeast, I'll try to remember to drop you a line. I believe the dates that she'll be here will be July 7 through the 27th. Perhaps we could work something out.

Of course, you could just come HERE, too.